Shopping is easy and secure at Handy Hippo Crafts. Just browse around the store and add the items you want to your shopping basket. When you are ready, click on one of the 'Checkout' buttons and enter your details into the form.
Finally, choose how you would like to pay - Handy Hippo Crafts lets you pay using almost any credit or debit card securely online.
We will send you an email to confirm your order details, and another one when your order is packed and sent out to you. You can also track the progress of your order from Your Account.
We ship internationally to most countries via insured bonded courier.
Using your discount voucher is easy. When you have finished shopping, edit your Shopping Basket and add your voucher in the box labeled "Discounts." Press the Add button and your basket total will be updated to show the discount.
If there was a problem, a message will let you know what was wrong with the voucher you entered.
All orders placed before 2:00 pm will be shipped the same day** Monday through Friday. All weekend orders will be shipped on Monday (excluding bank holidays). You will get an email notification of shipment as soon as the warehouse has completed packing your order.
** Please Note: Although we constantly strive to keep our inventory accurate, on rare occasions, we may be out of an item we thought we had. This may delay part of your order, but we will let you know via email. During Sale days and during the Christmas selling season, high order volumes may delay dispatching orders 24-72 hours.
Handy Hippo Crafts uses DPD, UKMail and Royal Mail to deliver orders.
DPD or UKMail is our next business day courier service if you order is received before 2:00 pm.
We also ship smaller and lighter orders using Royal Mail's delivery service.
If part of your order is out of stock, we may dispatch the items that are in stock right away and send on the remaining items as soon as they are back in stock. You will not be charged any additional postage if we send your order in more than one part. If part of your order is likely to be out of stock for a while, we will contact you to give you the option of cancelling that part of your order.
Generally, if in stock, all orders will arrive within 1-5 business days, however we cannot guarantee delivery times and we cannot be held responsible for delays by the courier / postal service. Please allow up 10 business days on postal orders for delivery before contacting us.
Please see the Delivery Options
If your order arrives and some items are missing or damaged, then please contact us immediately and we will endeavour to resolve the problem. Please have your order number ready, as this will help us track your order more efficiently.
We accept payment from Paypal and most popular credit and debit cards, including MasterCard, Visa, Maestro and Delta.
Can I pay online?
Yes! Our online payment system is handled by SagePay which uses all the latest technology to ensure your transaction is safe and secure. For maximum security we do not store any of your payment details.
Can I pay over the phone?
No, we no longer take orders over the phone. After seeing phone orders dwindle to less than 5 per day, we decided reducing our overheads and keeping our prices as low as possible was the best way to serve our customers.
We would like to ensure that you enjoy your shopping experience with us and that you are fully satisfied with the products you have purchased.If you wish to return your product(s) please notify us within 14 days of purchase of the product. We will then issue you a Returns number which needs to be quoted with the the returned item. failing to do so may result in refunds not being processed.
Please follow the returns policy below.
Returning an unwanted Item
Where you are returning an item(s) you no longer want,we will issue you a refund for the product(s) ONLY,we cannot issue a refund for the original shipping and packaging charges, so long as:
1. We recive the returned item within 30 days following the date of purchase of the product (quoting the Returns Number)
2. The returned item(s) remain unused, in its original unopened packaging and otherwise in new condition enabling us to sell the product as new.
3. We cannot refund the original postage and packaging charges and the cost of returning the item shall be paid for by the customer.
4. We will issue a refund within 7 working days after we have received the goods.
5. The customer shall be responsible for ensuring the return of the product and we cannot be held responsible for item(s) lost or damaged in transit.
Products returned under this policy are best sent by recorded delivery to :
Handy Hippo Crafts, 18 Tresham Road, Peterborough, PE2 6SG
Returning a Faulty or damaged item.
Where you are returning an item(s) you have purchased that is faulty or damaged please follow the procedure below:
1. Please ensure you notify us within 14 days of the purchase date and we will issue a Returns number which needs to be quoted with the return item. Failing to do so may result in the refund not being processed.
2. We will issue you a Returns Label or arrange for the pick up of the item (if it is large)
3. We will issue a full refund of the item and the originla postage and packaging charges withing 7 working days after we have received the item.
4. Should you prefer an exchange, then we will dispatch the item by the same delivery option you originally selected.
Handy Hippo makes a commitment to protecting your privacy and promises only to use information collected about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We collect your name, address, phone number and e-mail address when you place an order. We need this information so we can complete your order and contact you if there is a query. This information is stored on our secure servers using established industry best practices.
We do not store your credit card details and we are in full audited compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). All transactions are handled through Lloyd's TBS Cardnet and Sagepay, both industry leaders for secure online payment systems.
Everyone at Handy Hippo is concerned about the environment. We use several approaches to limit the resources we use and to recycle whatever we can...
* All the boxes that we purchase are 100% recyclable. Many of the boxes we use are made from 100% recycled material as well, but we try to ensure that all boxes are made from at least 75% recycled material. Please recycle your boxes if possible so that one day they might be made into new boxes that we can use.
* We receive many deliveries from suppliers and occasionally they will use expanded chips to help protect the goods in the delivery. So far these have all been the environmentally friendly bio-degradable ones that can be fully recycled. However, instead of throwing these away, we reuse them to help protect your orders. These are safe to compost.
* Any cardboard boxes and packaging that we receive from suppliers that cannot be reused is sent off to be recycled.
We realise that some of our customers might be worried about using their credit cards on the internet.
Secure server software encrypts all your personal information, including name, address and credit card details before it leaves your computer. We make use of the highest quality encryption technology available (technically 256 bit SSL encryption). In addition to this, we do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties
All our payment processing is handled by SagePay, or PayPal.
During business hours our goal is to reply to all customer emails within one hour. On weekends, our goal is to reply to all customer emails within two hours.
Crafty Hippo Ltd. Registered Office: 2 Fairholme Close,London,N3 3EE
Registered in England No: 8783931; VAT No: 176 9828 44